Sliding Glass Door
Installation & Repair
Request a Quote Today
Patio Sliding Door Air Draft Sealing
Why Galron Sliding Doors?
- Free Estimate
- No Service Charge
- Same Day Service
- (We come prepared with all necessary parts to fix your sliding patio door)
- Local Family Owned Business
- Licensed, Insured, Background Checked
- Only Quality Replacement Parts (patio rollers, patio track, patio door handles, patio door locks, new patio door glass, etc.)
- Experienced Installers, Nothing We haven’t Seen
Common Issues for Draughty Sliding Patio Doors
Drafty sliding patio doors are a very common problem, especially if you’ve had your door for a while. Air drafts, whether cold or hot result in energy efficiency issues and higher costs to regulate the temperature.
Here are some typical reasons for sliding door air drafts:
- Bad insulation- Often the insulation around the patio door whether foam or construction insulation isn’t completely sealed or sometimes isn’t present on either the sides or top of the balcony door.
- Gaps between- A common draft issue is that air comes in between the gaps where the door closes. This can be fixed by either tightening those gaps or sealing those gaps so that air doesn’t come through.
- Weather Stripping- This is a standard maintenance issue with balcony and patio sliding doors. Often the weather stripping and/or compression strips are worn or missing and is now allowing cold or warm air to seep into the house.